Hong Kong is an independent administrative region of the People's Republic of China. In 1997, Hong Kong was transferred to the jurisdiction of the PRC with special conditions, namely 50 years of internal autonomy. Until 2047, internal management is carried out directly by the Hong Kong authorities. Control over the corporate area and legal entities is maintained in the Hong Kong commercial register. An extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong is a document containing information about a legal entity registered in Hong Kong. Since Hong Kong is considered to be the «gateway to Asia», its economic position is very, very successful. The flow of non-residents wishing to open a company in Hong Kong is growing every day, GDP per capita is increasing. The Hong Kong authorities are very sensitive to relations in the business environment and form information about legal entities, entering it in the commercial register.
An extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong makes it possible to understand how long ago the company was established, to determine its status and to check the counterparty, in almost the same way as in the Russian Federation. Despite the fact that Hong Kong does not fully comply with the characteristics of a «classic offshore», it was previously included in the list of relevant zones in Russia on the basis of the Order of the Ministry of Finance of Russia dated November 13, 2007 No. 108n «On Approval of the List of States and Territories providing preferential tax regime of taxation and (or) not providing for the disclosure and provision of information during financial transactions (offshore zones)». In 2017, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region was removed from the list.
Extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong for working with government authorities in your country
Any foreign company wishing to open a bank account, for example in Russia, requires tax registration and obtaining a certificate of TIN assignment. An extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong is one of the obligatory documents submitted to the country's tax service in accordance with the Order of the Ministry of Finance of Russia dated December 28, 2018 N 293n. For the countries of Europe, the USA and Asia, checking the legal capacity of a legal entity is very important, both when opening an account and when concluding contracts. The commercial register includes not only information about the company, but also the ability to request additional documents, such as:
- an up-to-date extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong, we can provide a sample of the extract upon the customer's request by e-mail;
- a copy of the organization's charter from the trade register;
- financial statements contained in the Hong Kong commercial register;
- other documents at the request of the customer;
- the cost of an extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong is — 16 € for each extract (the extract is issued in electronic form and sent in .pdf format);
- the cost of a paper document without an apostille sent by mail or courier service is 50 €, the delivery time depends on the chosen delivery method (mail or courier), as well as the established standards for postage and courier service;
- cost of a document with an apostille from the Commercial Register of Hong Kong without notarization is 490 €, term of apostille preparation takes 7-8 bank days, not including delivery time, documents are submitted immediately after payment for the service. Delivery to Russia is included in the service cost, please specify about delivery in each inquiry;
- the document with an apostille from the Commercial Register of Hong Kong with notarization (variant is appropriate for several documents with one apostille) costs 695 €, apostille takes 7-8 bank days, not including delivery time, the documents are submitted immediately after the payment. Delivery to Russia is included in the price of the service, please specify about the delivery in each request;
- To make a request, we will need information about the company's corporate name and its registration number;
- In addition, various certificates and copies of documents can be requested from the commercial register;
- Specify the delivery cost in the order. It should be noted that a number of documents for individual companies may not be available or limited and require additional payments. Find out about the document you need in the chat in the lower corner of the screen, as well as by filling out the feedback form, which you can see below.
If you have any questions, write to us in the chat, in the lower corner of the screen or send a message to our company e-mail. You can also use the feedback form, which you can see below, for a prompt response from lawyers:
Extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong for counterparty verification
When conducting foreign economic activity, verification of counterparties from other countries of the world is possible only at the expense of trade registers. Obtaining an extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong will make it possible to check the counterparty before the conclusion of the transaction or receive a document for the arbitration court in the event of a conflict. An extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong can be requested electronically or on paper with an apostille affixed. At the same time, the registry information is current at the time of the request and does not give reason to believe that the information is out of date.
A special feature of Hong Kong is the taxation regime for companies registered in the territory of the Special Administrative Region. Companies operating in Hong Kong are subject to taxation. If there is no activity within the region, then the tax rate is zero. But at a zero rate, the company acquires the status of an offshore and is not a resident of Hong Kong, the use of bilateral agreements on the exclusion of double taxation becomes impossible for a number of countries, including the Russian Federation.
Extract from the commercial register of Hong Kong for opening a bank account
Banks in many countries around the world are required to request an extract from the commercial register of the company that applied to open an account. Russian banks are no exception. Since the European Union considers the territory of Hong Kong offshore, the possibility of opening an account in banks in Europe has dropped to a colossal minimum. The loyalty of Russian banks to companies registered in Hong Kong makes it possible to work and develop in two parts of the world — Europe and Asia. We will help you to get an extract from the trade register of Hong Kong for any purposes arising in the course of your business projects.